Friday, August 6, 2010

Mrs. KPShubert - Eating... (AKA Nauseating Times, aka As the Stomach Turns)

Lunch is usually an uneventful meal for me when I'm at work. I have a stash of chunk chicken (in cans) and canned green beans currently. These staples change but not very much and I used to do the tuna pouches but not anymore. Lately I've had chicken salad (the can – rinsed the chicken first – with some olive oil mayo) on a piece of 100% whole wheat bread. It's a little monotonous after the first 3 days. So I brought in the last two, of the package we had at home, of Oscar Mayer No Nitrates, No Byproducts All Beef Hot Dogs to work today thinking "oooooh change!"

And then I had to bum a piece of bread off another diabetic friend of mine at work (Thanks Linda!) because I used my last piece and ¼ (the butt was cut wrong) for breakfast.

I'm thinking this is going to be delish! I cut the two dogs down the middle lengthwise and put the little package of cheese cubey things evenly on both and nuked them for 40 seconds – just until the cheese started to melt! ☺ Yum!

I made sure there was mustard, from the last hotdog cookout our company had (last Friday) in the fridge and slathered on my usual amount – double Yum!

By this point I'm pretty hungry – it's time to chow! I scarfed down the first hotdog with my one piece of bread and immediately wanted to throw up afterwards. Okay – this is not unusual for a first-trimester-pregnant lady. But I mean I had to get up slowly and walk to the bathroom and stand outside because I knew if I smelled the inside I'd for sure lose it!

I stayed that way for a couple of minutes and a few people looked at me funny but I don't care. I managed to keep my "perfect" record of not tossing my food! ☺ Yay!

It was a close thing.

Okay, break time is over – I still haven't tried to eat the second dog, we'll see.

Talk to y'all soon, love ya!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry ma. I know you love your "hot dog sammiches."

    I hope the food sensitivity only lasts through the first trimester, but hey, God knows best!

    Let me know if you get to chow that second doggie and how it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete