Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mrs. KPShubert - Diet etc...

I don't want y'all to think I'm too crazy - this post didn't want to publish earlier. I found it lurking in my iPod blogging app - and it still was going nowhere. Now we'll see where this leads! G'night!

Having diabetes before being pregnant is not something most people think of when they think of diabetes during pregnancy.  Mostly it's a control way into the 9 month trek and most women ge over it afterwards.  Me on the other hand - I was just really getting used to taking a couple of pills every day and had a decent BG (blood glucose - sugar levels in the blood) my A1C was below 7% which is where the dietician said it should be... I was a very good (compared to some) newly reformed diabetic.  I say reformed because it's really a whole different life than before I knew I was one in the first place.

Now, I'm a junkie... Okay, maybe not a junkie, but I am shooting myself in the leg or other appropriate place(s) twice a day.  It's not pain - I barely feel the stick - the needles are so small - that bothers me.  I think I've more of a mental block, a psychological problem that I will have to deal with day by day, stick by stick.  It's obviously not preventing me from doing the injections, and don't worry about te low low I hit yesterday.  I'm new to the medicine so I really was being too careful in my diet, I think it will be fine shortly.  Not to mention that I'll be seeing my OB within a week - so he can monitor and adjust dosages!

Just some getting used to, the old elbow grease won't help me now - it's patience and persistence for me! :)

Anyway I should go take that shot so we can eat dinner soon!

Love to you & yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment